‘Woke’ is increasingly used as a byword for social awareness.
It is a political term of African American origin that refers to a perceived awareness of issues concerning social justice and racial justice. It refers to a continuing awareness of these issues.
Woke Wikipedia – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woke
But social awareness begins with resiliently managing our personal lives so that we can contribute our gifts by achieving our goals as well.
2019 requires that each of us is awake and attentive to every aspect of our lives and our environment.Adult ADD can be a serious impediment to navigating the external and internal frustrations that we encounter everyday.
· Your mind is constantly moving from subject to subject, you don’t have time to focus on your needs or the needs of others
· You’re constantly trying different things without objectives, you won’t know what works for you
· You are unable to separate advice from criticism, you are constantly frustrated
· You have trouble unloading your complicated, multi-level problems, you can’t start to find solutions
· You continue to use your personal survival tactics and never make progress
You might consider that you are consistently practicing INATTENTIVE BEHAVIORS that cover the day-to-day habits, but they don’t keep you “woke” and ready to use your skills and gifts to address the social justice and racial justice issues affecting you and your family.
“Acting on signs and symptoms of ADHD behavior as early as possible reduces life derailments.” – FTTC, pg. 90
Visit www.enabletables.com for more information about Adult Attention Deficits.
WHAT DO YOU THINK WOKE MEANS FOR PEOPLE WITH ADD AND ADHD?